Should you have any queries please contact the Customer Experience Centre on the number +61 1300 698 677.
Our data centre solutions are engineered to scale. If your power needs change, where you are consistently using above and beyond 100% of your contracted power, our team proactively work with you to help re-level you to a power allocation that suits your current requirements.
When it comes to your physical footprint needs, every space is customised. We work closely with you to plan for your current and future-state requirements to ensure your short- and medium-term requirements are factored into your data centre space. We also offer first right of refusal for surrounding racks to your contracted footprint, should you wish to reserve the right to take up additional physical space at any stage (how cool is that?). We go above and beyond to help you capacity plan and build an environment that suits your specific needs, all of which is seamlessly interconnected via dark fibre and NEXTDC’s Data Centre Interconnect infrastructure.
We sure are. NEXTDC is 100% Australian-born, owned and run. Our Executive team, senior leadership team and all of our staff are Australian-based, and they’re all directly employed by NEXTDC. We don’t use agencies, we don’t go offshore. We believe in creating jobs, opportunity and growth for the Australian economy and its citizens.
We deliver our customers and partners the peace of mind that our homegrown, locally-owned and run data centres maintain complete compliance in line with Australian laws and regulations, and ensure our customers and partners are protected by our data sovereignty laws.
We deliver our customers and partners peace of mind that our homegrown, locally-owned and run data centres maintain complete compliance in line with Australian laws and regulations, and ensure our customers and partners are protected by our data sovereignty laws. We are a Certified Strategic data centre hosting provider by the Australian Federal Government for the Digital Transformation Authority’s (DTA) hosting framework.
NEXTDC’s data centres are certified to ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO45001, ISO27001 stands. We are SOC 1 and 2 certified, and we hold PCI-DSS compliance. To view the full list of compliance standards we are certified as being compliant with, visit nextdc.com/about-us/certifications
NEXTDC is Australia’s most connected digital infrastructure platform in terms of access to hyperscale cloud providers and private clouds providers. We have a total of 16 cloud onramps across our national footprint, offering the most direct path to all of the leading cloud platforms, including AWS, Microsoft Azure, Oracle, IBM Cloud, Google Cloud and Alibaba Cloud. We rock!
NEXTDC has nine live data centres located across Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and Canberra. There are a further two being built as we speak, which will take our national footprint to 11 live data centres by 2023.
We are not ashamed to say we truly are the best in the business. But these aren’t just words we say, they’re backed by Frost and Sullivan who have named us the market-leading data centre services company, and the best in the country multiple years running. We are also recognised in the recent APAC Business Awards as Australia’s most reliable data centre. So, why are we so highly thought of?
- We put our partners and customers first – nobody is treated like a number in our business. Our focus on driving outcomes that are meaningful for our partners and customers is well known in the industry. And we are widely regarded as having the best customer service in the industry, and for going above and beyond to ensure we meet the ongoing needs of our customers and partners.
- Quality service and support – it’s quality over quantity, every time. Our data centres are consistently built and run to the same exceptional standards nationwide, and they’re all backed by a 100% uptime guarantee. We hire staff directly, we do not subcontract and every member of staff is available to support a customer in need.
- Sustainability – our business is essential for digital businesses to run and the economy to grow, but we don’t for a second believe that’s a good enough reason to forego our responsibility to run a sustainable business. We are holding our hand up to be the most sustainable data centre provider in Australia. Our power usage ratings are the best in the country, we are the only provider to run at a 5-Star NABERS rating (get us!), we are 100% carbon neutral as a business. We offer our customers the ability to achieve the same when colocating in our data centres.
Colocation provides the flexibility needed in a cloud-first world!
Colocation is where an organisation chooses to house privately-owned servers, storage devices and appliances, and networking equipment in a third-party data centre. Instead of the in-house scenario where IT infrastructure lives within a room or a section of an organisation’s own office, or a privately built data centre. Inhouse ownership and management of the data centre facility or office surroundings are the responsibility of the organisation to manage, maintain and fund. However, when IT equipment is colocated under a Data Centre-as-a-Service arrangement with a specialist provider (like NEXTDC) the customer is no longer responsible for the cost, resource or ongoing maintenance needed to power, secure, interconnect, scale and upgrade that facility.
Colocation is frequently deemed to be the more desirable option as it emulates the same scalable and flexible nature of cloud environments, which drives operational efficiencies, enables greater capability to access digital platforms and is achieved more cost-effectively as an operational expense (Opex) – as opposed to a Capex model for inhouse management. Benefits include:
- Highly flexible – scale up or scale down as required – and keep costs aligned with needs
- Architectural best practice for integrating multi-clouds with your own IT (optimising speed, security, performance)
- Flexibility in more easily moving your office locations without having to try and move a very complex data centre each time
- With staff more flexibly working from home, colocation addresses one of today’s biggest challenges, where an on-premises data centre now acts as an anchor opposed to enabling elastic scalability and capability
- Empowers organisations to deal with “what’s next” and proactively manage and respond to business disruptions, business opportunities, new initiatives, cost control, etc.